Cooking Time : 35 mins
- 1 cup JICAMA, DICED
- 1 tbsp BELACAN (DRIED SHRIMP PASTE)
- 1 tbsp Chilli paste
- 1 Cucumber, PEELED AND DICED
- 2 cups FRESH PINEAPPLES, DICED
- 2 cups GREEN APPLES, PEELED, DICED
- 1 cup GUAVA, PEELED AND DICED
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp PALM OR DARK BROWN SUGAR
- 1 cup PEARS, PEELED AND DICED
- 1 cup ROASTED PEANUTS, CRUSHED
- 1 cup ROASTED SESAME SEEDS
- 2 – 3 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp THICK TAMARIND PASTE
- 1 cup Unripe MANGO, DICED
- 0.5 cup Water
We thankfull our partner from at Bella Compagnia for providing this great recipes. Company specializing and providing cooking classes in Houston TX area and all over the Texas.
1. For a thick tamarind paste, soak 2-3 tsp tamarind pulp with 3-4 tbsp of hot water and mix thoroughly with fingers. Strain and discard seeds.
2. In a hot dry pan, crumble and toast the dried shrimp paste for 1-2 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, add chilli paste, tamarind paste, belacan, oyster sauce, brown sugar, water and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. Cook over a low heat until the brown sugar dissolves and the sauce thickens slightly.
5. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
6. Place all sliced fruits in a salad bowl.
7. Stir in sauce, sugar, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.